User Roles and Permissions
- System Roles
- Custom Roles
- Customers on Legacy Pricing Plans
Heymarket offers a robust framework for controlling access and permissions for your team members. We use a combination of Users and Roles to achieve a simple yet powerful access control system. Users are invited to your Heymarket team and can be assigned a single role. Roles define which features and data in the Heymarket platform that users can view, edit, delete, or configure. To view users and assign roles visit the Users page.
Heymarket includes three system roles (indicated by a lock icon) that can be assigned to members of a team. Each system role has a set of allowed permissions that are not modifiable.
Owner: This role is the primary user on the account. They have access to view and edit all aspects of the Heymarket account and subscription.
Admin: This role includes almost all permissions as the owner; however, it excludes the ability to create inboxes, port numbers, and manage the subscription. They can also view reports.
Member: This is the default role assigned to a new user. They can access chats, templates, lists, and contacts; however, they cannot view or modify administrative settings. They cannot import, create, nor delete contacts (but can edit name and custom field information) or access the above administrative features.
Custom Roles: Available on current Pro and Enterprise plans
Heymarket offers the ability to create additional roles to offer more customized access to members of your team. After creating a custom role, one or more users in your team can be assigned this role. Anytime the role is updated, every user that is assigned this role will automatically adhere to the new permissions.
To create a custom role visit the Roles page. Then select the “Add Role” button and provide a role name. You’ll be able to select the permissions you’d like to enable. After saving the role, head over to the “Users” page to assign your newly created role to one or more users. If you’d prefer to start with one of the system roles and make modifications from there, simply click the three dots icon to the right of the role name and select “Duplicate.”
Custom Roles Permissions:
- Automation - You can view, create, update and delete automations
- Chat Exports - You can export chats with a contact (Exporting Chats is available on our Plus Plan)
- Chats Unrestricted View - View all chats regardless of assignment
- Contact Owner Assignment - Reassign contact ownership
- Contact Settings Manage - Modify contact ownership and deletion settings
- Contacts Delete - Delete single contacts or in bulk
- Contacts Import - You can import contacts via CSV
- Custom Fields Manage - You can create, update and delete contacts custom fields
- Inboxes Create - You can create new inboxes
- Inboxes Manage - Update inbox settings and delete inboxes
- Integrations Manage - Create, update and delete integrations
- Lists & Campaigns - View, create, and update lists and campaigns
- Message Hide - Hide and unhide specific messages (Available on current Pro and Enterprise plans)
- Number Port - Text enable and port existing phone numbers
- Objects Delete - Delete campaigns, lists and templates created by others
- PII View - View contacts' personally identifiable information (PII)
- Reports - View and interact with reports
- Roles - View, create, update, and delete roles
- Subscription Manage - View and update subscription details and payment method
- Subscription View - View subscription details and invoice history
- Tags Manage - Create, update, and delete tags
- Templates Manage - Read, create and edit all templates
- Users Manage - Create, update, and delete users
Customers on Legacy Pricing Plans
For accounts created before June 3rd, 2022 that are not on Pro or Enterprise plans, you will have a slightly modified experience with Roles. To ensure your team still has access to the user-level permissions that were available before we released Custom Roles, we have enabled this functionality in your Roles page.
While your team will not be able to create completely new roles (unless you're on a Pro or Enterprise plan), we will allow users to "Duplicate" one of the system roles and then check or uncheck the three legacy user-level permissions (Hide PII, Hide Lists & Campaigns, and Restricted View). We will also continue to expose the Contact Admin role that existed prior to Custom Roles being released.
Additionally, to ensure users continue to have the same permissions before and after this change, we have automatically generated "Custom" roles to match the combination of your existing permissions. For example, if a user in your team was a "Member" with "Hide PII" checked we created a new role in your team "Member (Custom X)" with the permissions to match. The number of "Custom" roles that were generated will depend on how many combinations of roles and permissions existed in your team.
If your team was created before June 3rd, 2022 and you need assistance regarding custom roles, please contact our support team.