Heymarket makes it easy to text-enable existing landline numbers. Heymarket will only host the SMS functionality of your landline number while leaving voice capabilities with your existing carrier. Here's how:
- Sign in to your Heymarket account.
- Click on Administration tab.
- Select the Port Number link.
- Click the Get Started button, fill out your contact information exactly as it appears on your phone bill and then enter the phone number you'd like to use. This will trigger a phone call to that number and will provide you with a verification code to enter.
- Answer the call and enter the verification code provided.
- After the verification step, you will receive a Letter of Authorization email - this will be sent to the email address that is associated with your Heymarket account.
- After you submit the LOA, your number will go through carrier processing and testing, t-enablement process, which will take up to 3 hours to complete.
- Once the hosting is complete, you can choose which Heymarket Inbox to insert your landline number to.
And that's it! You can now use your landline number for texting through Heymarket. For users with VoIP numbers, please see the following help article: How to port an existing VoIP number to Heymarket.