Data Retention is a feature which enables Pro and Enterprise level teams to manage automatic deletion of contacts, conversations, and message data. This feature is visible and accessible to Owners and Admins of these Teams. You can access this feature by navigating to Administration > Teams tab.
Here in Administration > Teams, Owners and Admins can edit the Team Name and Data Retention settings.
The Team Name can be edited by directly clicking and typing the new Team Name in the box, and selecting Save.
The Data Retention setting options are as follows:
- Do not delete contacts, conversations, or messages
- When this is selected, contacts, conversations, or messages within the Team will not be automatically deleted.
- Delete contacts and conversations after ___ days of inactivity
- If a contact has not messaged or responded to conversations for a certain period of time, you can automatically delete this contact and their old conversations.
- Delete all messages older than ___ days
- All messages which are older than the specified period of time will be deleted. In a conversation, these deleted messages will no longer appear and a system message “Prior messages have been deleted by the system.” will be visible at the point in the conversation where older messages were auto-deleted.
Data Retention options 2 and 3 mentioned above can both be enabled simultaneously if desired.
The minimum number of days entered for either option must be at least 1 day, and the deletion cycle occurs nightly. Reports are unaffected by any deleted data.
Please note that regardless of Data Retention settings, contacts, conversations, and messages can be manually deleted from other areas of the app as well.