Heymarket’s HubSpot integration offers teams the ability to sync their Heymarket inboxes with HubSpot Conversations.
This feature enables you to view and respond to text messages in Heymarket Inboxes directly from HubSpot, keeping text and email communications within the HubSpot Inbox view, called HubSpot Conversations.
Please note, if you configured your HubSpot integration prior to Oct 5th 2022, you may need to provide additional permissions for Heymarket to access your HubSpot Inboxes. See Reauthentication Steps for additional information.
Beta Release Notes
This feature is currently in beta. Please report any issues or feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to integrate your Heymarket Inboxes to HubSpot Conversations, you need to have the HubSpot Integration setup for Heymarket account.
Pro Tip: We recommend using a dedicated Inbox in HubSpot for Heymarket text messages.
At this time, the only way to send/receive both emails and Heymarket text messages from one HubSpot Inbox is if you are okay with the HubSpot Fallback email replacing all other email aliases.
Set up your Heymarket Inbox in HubSpot
Once you set up your HubSpot integration, we recommend you set up a new HubSpot Inbox to use for text messaging via Heymarket. If you create a new HubSpot Inbox, skip the step where it asks you to select a channel for the Inbox.
Enabled your HubSpot Fallback Email
Next, you need to confirm that your HubSpot Fallback Email is enabled for your Heymarket Inbox in HubSpot.
- Navigate to your HubSpot Inbox by selecting Conversations, then Inbox
- Select the Inbox you created for Heymarket text messages. If you did not create a new Inbox, simply select your existing HubSpot Inbox that you want to map.
- In the bottom left of the screen, select the Inbox Settings
- On this page, confirm that you have HubSpot Fallback Email, which will be used in the configuration. Make sure the fallback email is turned-on on for the inbox.
Link your Heymarket Inbox to your HubSpot Inbox
To integrate your Heymarket Inbox with HubSpot conversation, you need to set up both User Mapping and Inbox Mapping. User Mapping links your Heymarket Users to HubSpot User, enabling your team to manage chat and inbox assignments.
You must have at least one User Mapping linked to enable your team to read and write messages in both Heymarket and HubSpot.
- Navigate to the HubSpot Integration configuration from the Heymarket web app by selecting Administration > Integrations > HubSpot
- Select a HubSpot user and their associated Heymarket User and Inbox to add a new User Mapping.
After adding at least one User Mapping, scroll down to the Inbox Mappings. Now, map your HubSpot Inbox to Heymarket
There are four columns and all are required.
- HubSpot Inbox ➡Select the HubSpot Inbox
- Heymarket Inbox ➡Choose the Heymarket inbox
- Heymarket User ➡Select the Heymarket user. (These user options are based on the User Mappings you added earlier. )
- HubSpot Inbox Fallback Email ➡Select the HubSpot Inbox Fallback Email
Find your HubSpot Inbox Fallback Email
- Go to your HubSpot Conversations tab and click on Inbox.
- In the bottom left corner, click Inbox Settings.
- You will your HubSpot Inbox Fallback Email here
- Copy the inbox email and ensure it is on for sending. Then paste the email address of your inbox in the mapping column of the Heymarket, and click Add. Now, whenever you send/receive a message within Heymarket to a contact, its related thread will be created in HubSpot Inbox. Refer to the Screenshot for more details.
Testing Your Inbox
After setting up your HubSpot Conversations integration, we recommend you test it to confirm functionality.
To create a conversation in HubSpot inbox by sending an SMS to a contact, you have to follow the below steps:
- Go to Contacts
- Choose the contact you want to send the SMS
- Click on the chat button in the right section of the Heymarket Card and send an SMS to the contact
When you send an SMS to the contact, it will automatically create a thread in the conversation inbox of HubSpot.
Now you can send SMS from the HubSpot inbox itself.
Please note: If you receive any incoming SMS on the inbox in Heymarket, which is mapped to HubSpot. It will create the conversation in HubSpot automatically.
Removing Inbox Mappings
Removing an inbox mapping will remove the linking between the HubSpot Conversation Inbox thread and the Heymarket inbox conversation. It will not remove conversations from your Heymarket Inboxes. The conversations will remain in Heymarket and you will be able to use the conversation on the HubSpot Contact page.
To remove the inbox mapping, go to the Administration section of the Heymarket web app, select integrations, and then select HubSpot.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and remove the mapping.
If you configured your HubSpot integration prior to Oct 5th 2022, you may need to provide additional permissions for Heymarket to access your HubSpot Inboxes.
Determine if Reauthentication is Required
- From the Heymarket web app, navigate to the HubSpot integration configuration page. (Admin > Integrations > HubSpot )
- Scroll down to the Inbox Mappings section
- Select the dropdown “Select HubSpot Inbox”
- If you see the following message, you need to re-authenticate your HubSpot account.
If you did not see this message, you can skip to the Prerequisites section to get started with Inbox Mappings.
Reauthenticate your HubSpot Account
- Click the “Authenticate” button.
- If you have more than one HubSpot team, you will be asked to select the team you wish to authenticate. Please select the HubSpot team which is configured with your Heymarket integration.
- If you are not sure which account to choose, you can double-check your HubSpot Domain on the HubSpot Integration page in Heymarket
- After you select your HubSpot account, you will be automatically redirected back to Heymarket and see the following message:
You are now ready to begin mapping your Heymarket Inboxes to your HubSpot account.