10DLC (10 Digit Long Code) is a new messaging standard introduced by major carriers in the United States to combat spam and fraud in text messaging.
If your messages are failing, it's likely because they are being filtered or blocked due to new mobile carrier guidelines around 10DLC. These guidelines require businesses to register their phone numbers and adhere to certain requirements, such as message content, throughput limits, and opt-in.
To ensure your messages are delivered successfully, it's important to follow these guidelines and register your account for 10DLC. This can be done within Heymarket.
- Check to see if you have begun the 10DLC process. If you are an owner or administrator, this can be done by going to the 10DLC section of Heymarket. If you are not a Heymarket administrator, please contact your Heymarket team’s administrator.
- When prompted, complete your 10DLC registration. Please refer to this (https://help.heymarket.com/hc/en-us/articles/6171085942157-10DLC-Registration-Required-#Whatinformationisrequiredfor10DLCregistration?) to be sure and have the following information ready.
- If the Heymarket 10DLC section says that your registration is currently pending, and you are still getting failed messages, please use this form to submit the necessary information.
Frequently Asked Questions
I have submitted my 10DLC already. Why are my messages failing?
The 10DLC information you previously provided was rejected by the carrier due to the following reasons:
- EIN/Legal Business Name does no match up correctly
- Opt In Information provided was not sufficient. Please use this to resubmit your 10DLC information.
I have just submitted my 10DLC. Now what?
Our carrier partners have indicated that the current turnaround time for 10DLC registration to be vetted/reviewed will take 2 to 3 weeks.
Does 10DLC apply to me?
If you are a business using Heymarket to send messages of any kind from a 10-digit long code (10DLC) to phone numbers in the USA, you must complete 10DLC registration.
While 10DLC currently only applies to message traffic in the United States, we highly recommend that anyone with a North American number complete 10DLC registration as a campaign best practice.
What If I don’t register for 10DLC?
These messages will be blocked with a new ‘30034’ error or the error ‘US A2P 10DLC - Message from an Unregistered Number’. Messages sent to US numbers will not be delivered if they are sent from numbers that are not associated with an approved A2P 10DLC Campaign.
Note: Carrier messaging rates will still apply to blocked messages.